After two years of intense activity and hard word by members, sponsors, partners and ourselves, we think that we have reached the initial objectives we identified in the first stage of the Center, we decided to call COLLABORATION: awareness, increasing of knowledge, establishing trust based relationships between all the stakeholders, global scope (with local ecosystems coordinators in several countries in Latin America) and maximum dissemination, in order to advance in the development of the reality of the Industrial Cybersecurity, through combining all of the existing different perceptions.
Nowadays, we have a mature, stable and referenced ecosystem, with renowned experts among our members and sponsors, providing extremely valuable knowledge, experiences, documents, analysis and resources to the market, and also success cases and lot of examples of collaboration between different stakeholders of the ecosystem, that have became a reference for some of the countries of our environment.
It is, no doubt, a very different landscape - and much more positive - than the one we faced 2 years ago, on the creation of the Center, and so, we think we must address today’s opportunities with renewed illusion and strength, with a new board of directors in the CCI. This board will provide innovative vision and perspectives that will improve, even more, all of the already built advancements.
We are facing a BIG OPPORTUNITY for the development of all of the stakeholders of the ecosystem – public and private organizations, and Industrial Cybersecurity professionals – and we must take advantage of it, advancing to the next stage in the development of the Center. A stage we call EXPERIENCE SHARING, and that we think it is absolutely needed before getting to its natural destiny – but yet lacking some steps -: the INFORMATION SHARING stage. Once we get it, we will reach the maximum level of collective intelligence in an advanced ecosystem.
It’s time to go forward on the development of the knowledge, taking the best of our ecosystem, and increasing the level of maturity of our market, by promoting and strengthening the existing relationships.
In that way, after receiving the feedback of the Ecosystem, we have made an in depth analysis of activities to be developed, and resources needed to ensure their success, and after that, we have looked for the best persons and professionals that will ensure a similar or even higher level of quality, activity and achievement of objectives, than the existing one.
As the result, we are proud to announce the new management team in the CCI:
- Jose Valiente, Co-Founder and former Head of Coordination and Communication, assumes the Executive Management, as the new President of the CCI. This ensures the operational, executive and strategic continuity, as well as the focus on the development of the Ecosystem, and maximization of the benefits for its members, sponsors and partners.
- Miguel Garcia-Menendez, professional recognized by his efforts in the way of disseminating the message of accountability about the use of IT and its consequences, to enterprise leaders, who is joining the CCI as its new Head of Corporate Governance and Strategy. We were looking forward to the joining of Miguel since some time ago in the Center, because we think that his knowledge and experience on those topics are completely needed in the Industrial Cybersecurity world. Now that we have advanced in the technology, the Industrial Cybersecurity Management Systems are appearing, and we need, not only an adequate management, but top level management committed responsibility in the organizations. Miguel has also a lot of experience in the industrial world, coming from two decades ago, when he was CIO in a young integrated engineering company, today part of the giant steel manufacturing company, Arcelor Mittal. Miguel provides to the CCI his extensive network of national and international contacts, coming from his involvement in other friend-organizations, as ISACA, iTTI, etc.
- Susana Asensio, young professional, but with lot of experience in the area of managing members and sponsors relationships, working groups, etc., coordinated for almost a decade, the Security Commission of AMETIC –former ASIMELEC-, is joining as Head of Projects and Ecosystem Development. Susana will also contribute her knowledge and experience about international R+D+I projects management, leading our projects area and coordinating the relations with the Ecosystem and its Knowledge Teams.
Jose, Miguel and Susana will constitute the new Board of Directors of the Industrial Cybersecurity Center, and will have the help and support to develop the activity of:
- Amor Dominguez, renowned professional in the Spanish IT sector, with an important international work experience, that is already collaborating with us since some time as Ecosystem Developer. She has been leading the dissemination and promotion of our activity in new sectors and industrial segments, and she becomes sometimes the spearhead for the maximum diffusion and support to the initiative in those new sectors.
- And finally, Joris Vredeling and Angelina Carabajal, well-known faces to all of us, who are always present in our events. Both, Joris and Angelina, are experts in corporate and communication management and their support is key for the organization of our national and international events.
At the same time, the experience, knowledge and international positioning of the professionals that work in the Center, have boosted several professional opportunities that finally, Nacho Paredes and I have decided to consider. In that way, we are also proud and happy to announce that we will be joining the leading global Cybersecurity organization, Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) as Lead Industrial Cybersecurity Experts. We will be based in Abu Dhabi (UAE) starting next march, providing consultancy in developing and comprising of Industrial Cybersecurity in the whole lifecycle of industrial projects for organizations and critical infrastructures. We actually will go beyond SCADA/ICS risk assessment into building cybersecurity by design through project lifecycle, starting from conceptual design through helping companies to design ICS defense-in-depth models from FEED (Front End Engineering Design) reaching to EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction). We will also help companies, to go through the testing of ICS cybersecurity solutions and implementations during the FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), iFAT (integrated FAT), SAT (Site Acceptance Testing) and commissioning, among other advisory and support services.
We are very happy and proud to be part of this leader international team on Industrial Cybersecurity with other renowned professionals, well known by CCI’s ecosystem, such as Ayman Al-Issa, Industrial Cybersecurity Chief Technologist and Senior Advisor at BAH.
We will continue actively participating in CCI’s ecosystem, knowledge teams and in the own Center as Honorary Members and Coordinators for Middle East and Asia. We will contribute and present also in both Ibero-American Industrial Cybersecurity Congresses to be held this year (one on June, in Buenos Aires, Argentina; and the other on October, in Madrid, Spain) as well as in the traditional “The Voice of the Industry” event to be held on December in Madrid, Spain.
Definitively, we think that we are starting a year of opportunities in the best way to obtain the best results at all levels, providing the best value to the Ecosystem: our members, sponsors and professionals. We are leading by doing, not just at the organizational and ecosystem levels, but also at the professional level. Coordination, collaboration and commitment are our engine, and passion is the fuel that feeds it.
Do not hesitate to contact us, through our personal email addresses, or using our common channel (email@example.com) with any doubt or question you may have. We are looking forward to have the opportunity to meet you in our next “The Voice of the Industry” event, to be held in Madrid on next February 11th, where we all will be attending to present the strategy and activities for this year 2015.